Fresenius Medical Care is the world’s leading provider of products and services for people with chronic kidney failure. Around 3.5 million patients with this disease worldwide regularly undergo dialysis treatment. Dialysis is a vital blood cleansing procedure that substitutes the function of the kidney in the case of kidney failure.
We care for more than 348,000 patients in our global network of more than 4,000 dialysis clinics. Fresenius Medical Care operates 45 production sites, covering all continents, to provide dialysis products such as dialysis machines, dialyzers and related disposables.
Our strategy is geared toward sustainable growth. We aim to continuously improve the quality of life of patients with kidney disease by offering innovative products and treatment concepts of the highest quality.
Fresenius Medical Care’s corporate headquarters are in Bad Homburg v.d.H., Germany. The headquarters of North America are in Waltham, Massachusetts and the headquarters of Asia-Pacific are located in Hong Kong.
Fresenius Medical Care around the world
Fresenius Medical Care in numbers
- We offer dialysis services and products in around 150 countries.
- Every 0.6 seconds we provide a dialysis treatment somewhere on the globe.
- We employ more than 120,000 employees in around 50 countries.
- One in two dialysis machines worldwide is made by Fresenius Medical Care.
- In 2019, Fresenius Medical Care generated revenues of around 17.48 billion Euro.
- Fresenius Medical Care has been developing and producing dialysis products for more than four decades.